RED RUFFED LEMUR
- Native to: The Red Ruffed Lemur is only native to the rainforests of Masoala in the north-east part of Madagascar.
- Diet: They are primarily frugivores (eat fruit) but also eat leaves and seeds.
- Lifespan: Up to 25 years.
- IUCN Status: Critically Endangered.
- Fun Facts: They are one of the largest primates of Madagascar, are characterized by their soft, thick, rust red fur on their body and are commonly found in groups of 2-16 individuals. They are the only primates to give birth to a litter.