AFRICAN SPOTTED EAGLE OWL
- Native to: The African Spotted Eagle Owl is native to sub-Saharan Africa and the Arabian Peninsula and is found in rocky desert, woodland and savannah.
- Diet: They are carnivores (meat eaters) and their diet consists of small mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, amphibians and carrion (dead meat).
- Lifespan: 20 years in captivity.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts: They are well adapted for catching their prey as they can fly almost silently and have very good long distance eyesight for spotting prey from far away.