- Native to: The Greater Rhea is related to the Ostrich and the Emu and is native to the South American countries of Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay.
- Diet: In the wild, they are often found in open grasslands feeding on broad-leaved plants and grasses. They also feed on fruit, seeds, roots and insects.
- Lifespan: 15 years in the wild.
- IUCN Status: Near Threatened.
- Fun Facts: They are flightless birds with males able reach 170cm tall to the head and weighing up to 40Kg. They have grey/brown plumage, long neck, strong powerful legs and have large wings for a flightless bird.