Jobs & Work Experience Placements
Current Job Vacancies
Please see the job description for more details, and send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]
At All Things Wild, we are currently in our next phase of development, with exciting times ahead.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a part time Groundskeeper.
We are looking for someone that is practical, with basic DIY and gardening skills to carry out a variety of jobs. All Things Wild is a 30-acre site with everything from animals and dinosaurs, to play areas and gardens, all of which require daily upkeep. We believe this role would be suitable for a person of any age, that is looking for a fun and exciting challenge in a role that is extremely varied.
The Grounds Keeper will be responsible for cleaning the restrooms(check and re-clean as needed), emptying trash cans, patrol grounds for litter, answer public questions and offer assistance. Work is performed indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions. This position is required to operate light duty equipment such as mowers and other lawn equipment. Other duties may include painting, pressure washing, assisting with unloading deliveries, minor repairs, cleaning gutters and other duties as assigned. Applicants must be available to work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
Tasks will include, but are not restricted to:
- Grounds maintenance tasks such as mowing, trimming, landscape bed maintenance, rubbish removal, vegetation removal, leaf removal and snow/ice removal.
- Cleaning services in restrooms, offices and other buildings.
- Operation of landscaping equipment and use of hand and power tools.
- Set-up, monitoring and clean-up support for park activities and special events.
- Maintains good public relations with park visitors and staff.
- Provide excellent customer service and park information to visitors.
- Must be able to demonstrate responsibility, dependability and good communication skills.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Other duties as required.
For further information or to apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Work Experience Placements
Do you fancy a career path in animal care and want to gain some experience? Then we would love to hear from you!
Our work experience placements take place over one week, working 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday. All we ask is that you are enrolled on, or currently studying for an animal related course at Level 2 or above.
How old do I need to be?
Anyone wishing to apply for a work experience placement with us must be at least 16 years of age for insurance purposes.
How to apply
If you would like to know more or apply, please contact [email protected].
Please note: We may extend your work experience placement if required. Places are limited and we are often booked up months in advance so we therefore urge you to book your work experience placement as soon as possible.