AFRICAN CRESTED PORCUPINE
- Native to: They are native to Italy, North Africa and sub-Saharan Africa in scrubland, dry rocky areas, forests and abandoned farm land.
- Diet: African Crested Porcupines are omnivores and eat roots, bark, cultivated crops, insects and small invertebrates.
- Lifespan: Up to 20 years.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts: Very social by nature, the African Crested Porcupine pair bond for life and live in small family groups. However, they often forage for food on their own. The African Crested Porcupine is the largest rodent in Africa and the largest porcupine in the world.