- Native to: They are native to America and live in a variety of habitats including hot and arid areas, humid rainforests and cold mountain slopes.
- Diet: Omnivores by nature, the Coati’s diet consists of rodents, lizards, fruit and eggs.
- Lifespan: 15 years in captivity.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts: The Coati, also know as Coatimundi, are members of the Raccoon family. There are five species of Coati and these are the White Nosed Coati, South American Coati, Western Mountain Coati, Eastern Coati with the Cozumel Island Coati thought to be a subspecies.