COMMON SQUIRREL MONKEY
- Native to: The Common Squirrel Monkey is native to Brazil, Columbia, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guyana, Peru, Suriname and Venezuela and is commonly found in tropical rainforests and tropical dry forests.
- Diet: Common Squirrel Monkeys are frugivores (eat fruit) and insectivores (eat insects).
- Lifespan: Up to 25 years.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts: This arboreal species prefers to live in the lower to middle canopy but will go higher and will come down to ground level. They are very social animals and live in troops of up to 100.