- Native to: The Fennec fox is native to the desert of North Africa and is the smallest species of fox in the world.
- Diet: They are omnivores and their diet consists of insects, rodents, eggs, plants and sometimes birds and reptiles.
- Lifespan:14 years in captivity.
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts: They are very well adapted to their native environment with a gold, creamy coloured coat to blend in to their surroundings and reflect heat, large bat-like ears to allow the blood to be near to the surface to keep cool, thick fur on their feet to protect them from the hot desert sand and clever kidneys that enable them to go for long periods with little or no water.