Northern Tree Shrew
NORTHERN TREE SHREW
- Native to: Northern Tree Shrews are native to the rainforests of south east Asia. They are very adaptable to different habitats though, and have also been found in oil palm and coconut plantations.
- Diet: Northern Tree Shrews are omnivores, which means they eat both plants and animals. Their diet consists of insects, beetles, fruit and seeds.
- Lifespan:12 years (Captivity)
- IUCN Status: Least Concern.
- Fun Facts:This diurnal (active during the day) species is semi arboreal and semi terrestrial, which means they spend half of their time in trees and half on the ground.They are very territorial and can be aggressive when defending their territory.